Volunteering for Docip offers a valuable personal and professional experience working alongside indigenous delegates at the United Nations. We offer unique and rewarding opportunities to people from all over the world to volunteer either on a short- or long-term basis, on-site or by e-mail, and to put into practice their knowledge and experiences while providing logistical support to indigenous delegations. Docip's technical secretariats are not only workplaces that foster professional relationships among colleagues; they are also welcoming places of interchange that often create and sustain deep, lasting friendships.
Without the support of our volunteers, Docip could not carry out all of its projects. We warmly thank all who have been accompanying us over the years for their invaluable contributions, as well as those who continue to do so.
Join our volunteer network
- Are you concerned about indigenous issues and want to contribute in some way to their struggle?
- Are you comfortable working in a fast-paced and international environment such as the United Nations?
- Would you like to get involved with an NGO working on the international level that meets and supports indigenous delegates from all over the world?
Then we are looking for you to join our team as a volunteer!
What you can do
During each conference, more than 30 volunteers support us in our work, be it through interpretation, translation, office support or documentation. Depending on our needs, we regularly look for:
- translators TO and FROM English, Spanish, French and Russian;
- interpreters TO and FROM English, Spanish, French and Russian;
- people willing to support the indigenous delegates (administrative support, making photocopies, logistical guidance, etc.)
- people to gather interventions/statements in the conference room and process them for our archives, including categorising and uploading the documents to our website; and
- people to assist with taking exhaustive notes during the conference for Docip’s various publications.
How you get involved
Sign up now or contact Karen at karen(at)docip.org for more information.
Click on the boxes below to read or listen to the testimonials of some of our volunteers.