The Docip information on the Permanent Forum (UNPFII 17) in New York
We have the pleasure to present you Docip’s information on the 17th session of the UN Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues (UNPFII). The meeting will be held at the UN Headquarters in New York from April 16 to 27, 2018. For the first time, our "Welcome Guide" for Indigenous Peoples' delegates is available online. You can now view it here: http://bit.ly/docip-unpfii17-en
The sections of our guide:
- Provisional agenda
- Programme of work
- Processes related to the UNPFII
- Reference documents from UN
- Indigenous Peoples Caucus
- Contacts list
- Docip services
- Bibliography 17th session
The Docip services for the Indigenous Peoples' delegates
During the Permanent Forum Docip provides the following tools and services for the indigenous delegates:
- Our technical secretariat provides computers, printers, photocopiers, as well as interpreters for your meetings and a document translation service
- Our documentation center collects indigenous delegates’ statements to ensure the safeguard of the documentary heritage
- Our training service offers two workshops for Indigenous Delegates during the meeting
- Our strategic support service facilitates your documentation and legal research as well as your networking
- Our information and orientation service provides information on UN mechanisms and keeps you informed about ongoing meetings and events
You can find all our services for the Permanent Forum here: http://bit.ly/docip-unpfii17-services-en
For any question regarding our services please contact Karen Pfefferli: karen(at)docip.org.
Preparatory meeting of the Indigenous Peoples' Global Caucus
The preparatory meeting of the Caucus will take place on Saturday, April 14 and Sunday, April 15, 2018, from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm in the UN Church Center, 1st Av./44th St., 2nd floor. Interpretation in English, Spanish, French, and Russian are provided by Docip. Our technical secretariat will welcome you on the 11th floor of the Church Center.
You can find more information on the Global Caucus of Indigenous Peoples here: http://bit.ly/docip-unpfii17-caucus-en
We wish you a safe trip to New York and hope to meet you at the Permanent Forum!